Thread: Help with ATI Catalyst Control Center

Help with ATI Catalyst Control Center

Hi All!

I am using Windows Vista & has installed Fable on my computer. After some time the screen went black & a blue box comes up saying "No signal". After that i updated my driver & recently got the message saying "The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the Displays Manager".

I have ATI Radeon 9600 series.

PLEASE HELP...!

Re: Help with ATI Catalyst Control Center

Go to ATI's website and download the latest Catalyst driver. Then remove the driver installed & the install the last downloaded driver.

Make sure that CCC is the same version as the VGA drivers or you might see that dialogue box all the time ( it does mention this in the driver read me file and/or on the drivers page ).
    Go to the drivers section here, download the latest Cat 8.9 suite with CCC etc incorporated ( it's the biggest of the driver packages ). Uninstall your previous drivers & CCC, run a registry cleaner and then reboot. At the new hardware found wizard, cancel that and then run the Catalyst 8.9 installer .. that should make that issue go away. Oh, and make sure .Net Framework 2.0 is correctly installed or CCC won't run

Title :

ATI catalyst control centre issues warning, and/or crashes when DisplayLink software is installed

Symptom :

On a machine with ATI graphics, the ATM Catalyst Control Centre will issue a warning if the DisplayLink screen is the only display. The warning is "The Catalyst Control Centre is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI driver, or enable your ATI graphics adapter using the Display Manager".

Some parts of the tool, such as its adjustments submenu, may also not work. This is on all Operating systems.

Problem :

The ATI Catalyst Control Center is a tool provided on machines with ATI graphics cards for managing extra screens. Some versions of this tool crash in the presence of DisplayLink software. This has been observed with versions since ATI driver version 8.360.

Solution :

This warning may be harmless, and not actually affect your working environment. If it does affect your system, the workaround is to uninstall the ATI Catalyst Control Centre.

There is currently no solution to this issue.

I have My Dell XPS 420 w/ windows Vista hooked up to my Samsung TXS3082WH 30" Wide Slimfit HDTV using an HDMI cable. The thing is I can't properly adjust the screen settings with CCC, I dont know how to adjust the screen position. I found how to use the scaling option but It doesnt have a horizontal or vertical adjust area.
    Currently half of the start button (lower left corner) is cut off and when a window is maximized, the left and right sides are cut off.
    How can I fix this?

Information from Cnet

Here are some option you can use to solve it .
    • Use the zoom control on the TV, DVD player, or cable/satellite receiver to blow up the image, eliminating (or at least minimizing) the black bars.
    • Set the TV's aspect-ratio control to Stretch or Full.
    • Set the aspect-ratio control to a nonlinear stretch mode such as Panorama or TheaterWide.