Thread: GTX 285 - no OpenGL Enabled in Photoshop?

GTX 285 - no OpenGL Enabled in Photoshop?

Hi,
    I have the problem that my GTX 285 OpenGL not activate it when I worked in Photoshop. Everything seemed to work fine for the first week or so, then one day Photoshop crashed with an error message related to OpenGL. I don't recall the exact message now, but it had something to do with the OpenGL features of the video card. The driver is still 182.06.

Someone knows the problem?

Re: GTX 285 - no OpenGL Enabled in Photoshop?

The problem should be able to be fixed by resetting the Photoshop 'Preferences' - AFAIR, it's done by holding down the 'Ctrl' + 'Alt' keys while starting Photoshop. Afterwards, Photoshop should detect the new driver and you can then enable OpenGL in the Preferences menu.

What's happened is that Photoshop has not detected the new driver and is still using the old one, the one that it had a problem with. If you have a problematic driver then it's important to disable OpenGL before updating the driver, and then re-enable OpenGL when Photoshop is first opened with the new driver.

If the resetting the preferences doesn't work then try re-installing the previous driver, and, if it will allow you to, disable OpenGL in the Photoshop Preferences, and then try installing the new driver again.

Re: GTX 285 - no OpenGL Enabled in Photoshop?

you may try also buying/borrowing a disk repair utility like DiskWarrior.i edit and do photoshop, and use that occasionally. it consistently can repair directory damage that Disk First Aid can't even see. but try trashing the prefs first, just make sure you have the serial number to re enter.