Thread: Sapphire HD 4870 bios flash - how do I know that the update was performed???

Sapphire HD 4870 bios flash - how do I know that the update was performed???

Hi all!

It is known that Sapphire(I don't know about the other brands) released a bios update for HD4870. I performed the update and everything was exactly as in the pdf file they uploaded along with the bios(in the pdf file they explained how to correctly flash the bios under pure DOS).

Now....how do I know that my bios actualy changed....I mean I want to see numbers, letters but in CCC everything is the same as before the flash and the same thing I could say about GPU-Z.

In the pdf file there are some pictures with the PC screen in DOS and the way things should look like after the flash. What's weird is that those screens show some lines in which the old bios version is the same with the new one. There are some other lines that point out that all the characteristics of the old bios are the same with the new one(release date and some other numbers).

Is this the way it's supost to be?

PLS someone who could give me a straight answer because I just spent a lot of time today to learn how to perform the update because I didn't have any floppy and no usb stick.....

Thanks in advance!

Re: Sapphire HD 4870 bios flash - how do I know that the update was performed???

There might be an update in the flash date version or so or maybe somebody who knows the answer well will give you the information correctly.

Re: Sapphire HD 4870 bios flash - how do I know that the update was performed???

Hey!
    You need not worry about the date; till you completed the BIOS update successfully...! All the best...!

Yeah but when I update my mobo bios or any other thing there is allways something that shows me that the version of the new bios is different...