Thread: Unable to see previously set Screen resolution

Unable to see previously set Screen resolution

I have a 1280x800 resolution laptop. I am not sure if i am infected with a virus but on startup, on most occasions i find that my screen resolution has changed to 1024X768. I cant even change it back because my display properties>settings shows only the 800X600 and the 1024x768 options. kindly help...

Re: Unable to see previously set Screen resolution

Do you have steam installed? (any game should work). Playing games sometimes changes the resolution of your monitor. If this game freezes and you have to restart, it might 'forget' to tell your computer to change the resolution back. To correct this i started a game on steam, went into the video settings and changed the resolution to the one i required. I then held the power button to turn off the pc (dont close the game). After switching the computer back on, the resolution stayed at what i set it at. I hope this helps! wink.gif (PS. i have not tried this with games other than those on steam, but it should work).

you could try <ctrl>+<alt>+<F1>...<F2>... etc...
    to get to a terminal. Then you can log in and do things through the commandline.

First step is to uninstall your graphics card through Device Manager and any associated drivers/software through Add/Remove programs, reboot and reinstall the drivers, etc. You could check out the manufacturer' web site for updated drivers.

Next step is to ensure that Windows recognizes your monitor - is the actual make/model shown under Display Properties or just a generic PNP monitor or similar? You may need to load/reload the monitor driver specific to your monitor.