Thread: Games crashing under HD4870x2

Games crashing under HD4870x2

I have a problem ...
    I turn Vista64 (Home Premium) with Sapphire HD4870x2 and I have constant crashes when I play games. Outside games run smoothly and all I can do everything, it has really something with 3D acceleration seems to me. In any case with the card and / or drivers.

Problem is: I have 5 different driver versions tried, did (as instructed by a friend) PowerPlay disabled, I have one of the two cores disabled (in Catalyst Control Center the Catalyst AI off), I need new drivers for my motherboard (and thus also for the audio) installed ... nothing works. Did in the background while gaming GPU-Z to play though the core a bit warm (occasionally at 90 degrees), it is not a problem, it seems me. Moreover, it is not that the core is always hotter, or that he is correct at time of crash is very hot. I can not find any evidence for the time of crash. It can happen in a very quiet time but also during an intense fight scene, makes no difference.

Has anybody the same problem (had)? Or has someone another idea how to tackle?
    Do not email me asking for tech support. Any private support is billable at $50 an hour.

Re: Games crashing under HD4870x2

Have you ever run memory test? Maybe it is not the graphics card but the memory. The motherboard is also a possibility. Can you hd 4870x2 stop in another PC to see whether he is doing ? How many watts is your power supply?
    I have the same problem because my power supply was not enough wattage.
    for that card from you, it is wise to have a power supply 12Volt (700w of power have usually).

Thanks for the tip! Just 4 instances of memtest run (because I have 8gb RAM) and one after another error came in 30 minutes a piece or 10. Therefore appears that in fact the working is, of course, although you never can exclude double errors.

As for power supply: I have a Cooler Master Real Power M850.

Is there a monitoring tool that I can use for the performance of my RAM monitor while I play a game? So you can designate a point of 'look, it went wrong? Or I see things a little too easy?
    Do not email me asking for tech support. Any private support is billable at $50 an hour.

If a 700 watt power supply can provide only 24 amps on the 12 volt lines, you have the worst diet of 700 watts you can find. A little 350 watt power supply can deliver more.

Do you have the voltage of the memory well and the timings also?

Just run 3DMark Vantage, and that was fine, until after the 2nd test, then my whole screen suddenly began to freeze.. I think that may not be the RAM, so that would mean that there is something with the Graphics card.

Thanks at least for the input!