Thread: AMD's RV870-GPU may arrive in August

AMD's RV870-GPU may arrive in August

The RV870-GPU, the successor to ATI's current graphics processors, might be in August on the boards of video appear. The GPUs were the heart of the 5000 series of video cards are.

The GPU for ATI's future 5000-series was in the third quarter of this year appeared, and the launch would take place in August, so post the German ATI Forum. Before the RV870-GPU to enter the scene, would have the ATI RV740 and RV790 GPUs-like cast. These chips are on 55nm and 40nm production, the RV870 at 40nm will also be baked, and one area of 205 square millimeters get.

Video with the RV870 will be on board in five variants on the market, including a version with dual GPU. The gddr5 memory cards would be high-end cards can overclock over 5GHz, while the GPU between 800MHz and 970MHz would run. The probable variants - the HD 5850, 5870, 5870x2, 5850x2 and 5890 - would one or 512bits memory interface 2x256bits get. For 5890, an RV870 on 32nm be baked and this variation would at the end of the third quarter become available. The 5000-series graphics cards would include support for DirectX 11 and the computing power of a single GPU, between 1.5 and 2 are TFlops.

Re: AMD's RV870-GPU may arrive in August

I think here of anything. a rumor of "insider info" which is posted on a forum. than first believed.
    but if it is true ... are very nice cards
    hopefully is the suggested retail is good (low)

If you have a bit of the history of video cards have followed in recent years then you know that the price depends on a number of factors. Marketing, R & D etc left outside is the best way to price estimate:

- Performance compared to previous series
    - Performance against competing cards

New cards are then pushed in a segment as in:

- Mid-end
    - High-end

And then you can hang a price. You want to yourself as a manufacturer of course not from the market prices are relatively new and fast stuff cheap (bang for bucks) on the market to which older GPUs their investments no longer afford.

In other words, these cards will cost just less than 250 euros, and high end baby I like 500 + and that is fairly normal releases.

Rumors sound pretty credible when based on the specs. but I think it really has very little say on the final product. so I do not think it will go for a 512-bit memory bus in the first instance this should be a lot cheaper to produce once they go to 40nm production. so also for the computing that I do not take with a grain of salt because the current generation is nice in the vicinity of the above speeds.
    the launch seems to me some time to give false hope for the 3rd quarter still leaves 3rd quarter . But I hope that put a bit of momentum in late, because they now agree that first radeon 4890 and 4750 to market.
    I treasure itself that the prices of new hardware will be approximately equal to those of this generation when this new network was introduced.

They have about 512 bits or 2x 256. As we always X2 versions, it seems logical that a single GPU card simply has 256bit. The dual GPU card of course 2x256bit. Given a relatively small chip seems to be (slightly less than 50mm2 of RV770) seems logical that AMD / ATI are not releasing its strategy of small but relatively fast GPUs, and the highEnd a double.

I go anyway on a 256 bit bus to the 40nm version. Maybe there is a 512bit bus and a 30nm version, but I rather GDDR6 of memory, if by that time too get.