Thread: Dell LCD monitor in powersave mode until Vista loaded

Dell LCD monitor in powersave mode until Vista loaded

Hi,

I'm getting really frustrated with a Dell LCD monitor that I have.

Everything used to work fine, but now when I boot the PC, it is in power save mode until the Vista logo appears, which is workable but I cannot boot to safe mode, or alter the BIOS seetings. I have Vista Home Premium, btw.

All my searches on the internet seem to be about powersave kicking in once Windows has booted - in other words, seemingly the oppositre of my problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Dell LCD monitor in powersave mode until Vista loaded

It might be due to loose power supply or else check the monitor settings in the monitors menu.

This might be due to a hardware conflict. I had that once and my brother repaired it by getting the motherboard out and fixing it back again together with a lot of other stuff but if this is a DELL that you just got, you should be provided with customer support. Either call or email them your problem dude.

It seems it is a motherboard battery problem. try this.
    It most likely is not the monitor which is in "power save mode", it is the computer itself.

When you cannot get a computer out of "power save mode" by any other means, typically the cause is that the button-cell-type battery of your computer, which is located on the motherboard, is empty.

Usually, this happens on a computer which is a few years old, since its batteries will have run out after such a long time. (The motherboard battery is used to store various settings when the computer power is off, such as date and time. When your computer detects this battery is empty, it goes into a low-power mode).

The solution is to replace the button-cell battery on the motherboard of your computer:

- open the case of your computer;
    - visually locate the motherboard (the main electronic circuit board) of your computer;
    - visually scan the motherboard for a button-cell battery (it looks like a digital watch battery, but a bit larger);
    - remove this motherboard battery from your computer;
    - restart your computer: it should now power up normally (you may get some warning messages during the start-up sequence, but ignore them);
    - set the date and time of your computer using the "Date and Time" control panel;
    - you can now use your computer normally, but you will lose date and time settings when you disconnect the computer power cord, since there is no motherboard battery present to store them;
    - take the motherboard battery to an electronics store and get a replacement;
    install the new battery in your computer;
    - restart your computer, and set the date and time again; the settings will now be saved using motherboard battery power.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!