Thread: Computer Freeze During Gaming

Computer Freeze During Gaming

I have tried to sort this problem with my computer for some time now.
    After playing games for sometime, my computer freezes for a second or more, the mouse cannot respond and then computer is completly not responding, even to ctrl-alt-del. I have to litterally have a hard boot and makr it boot again.

Please provide some views regarding this

Re: Computer Freeze During Gaming

Lets start with the basics, are you running the latest video & DirectX drivers? When you re-installed windows did you install a virus checker? Many times a virus checker running in the background will crash your game.
    Some need to knows: What video card are you running & how much ram do you have?

check Temp of pc all seams to be good, iv reinstalled drivers for sound cuz sometimes sound screw up before freeze, and i reinstall video drivers, i also reinstalled DirectX. i couldnt figure it out thats why im here .

it seams u guys have a Low Power supply like me, could it posabley be a Power problem like not enough power. i only have a 300watt, with alot of stuff in computer, a DVD driver, amd 2800, 1gb ram, tv card, 8x video card, 2 Hds.

Im having the same dam problem. I took off one side of the case and bought a new fan the games seemed to work fine but then it started doing the same thing, but sometimes I can hear the sound go out and then my pc restarts I dont know if its my cpu or power supply.

If it's crashing because of high heat, you can take the side(s) off. If it doesn't crash w/ the side(s) removed, then you know your not getting good air flow

well that happened to me while playing half-life on my emachines but it only happened once or twice, it could be your directx try reinstalling it and updating your video drivers,if that doesnt work reinstall the game to a different directory (helped me out)

BTW whats a tv capture card can I watch cable tv (optimum) through my computer montior with one?

Sounds like either a heat problem, or a psu problem.

Check your temps.

Is your psu putting out enough power for your system?

I see from your specs that you have a 380watt psu. Is it a good quality psu, or a cheap no name brand that came with your case?

Take a look at this psu wattage calculator HERE (http://www.extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp) Remember to add a further 30% to what ever figure it gives you. This is because even a good quality psu will only achieve around 70% efficiency. A cheap psu wont achieve anywhere near that.