Thread: Graphic Card too weak

Graphic Card too weak

Hello everyone,

I play Left 4 Dead on a A643400 + (s754) with 2GB of DDR400 and a 6800GT. I was expecting to be able to run the game without too many worries. But I noticed that the game now slowed poorly during periods of action, so I tried to lower the graphics a bit but I am forced to play in 1024 x 780. How to take advantage of the game? Especially since the game has the reputation of not being too greedy.

In short I do not understand, latest drivers installed, pc defragmented etc. I buy a 3650HD, but I'm still septic when the performance of my 6800GT, which I think should do better!

Re: Graphic Card too weak

In my opinion, the slowdowns come from a whole. The 6800 GT is a reason, AMD 64 3400+, it is quite another.

L4D is not a game heavy in terms of current games, but on a config with 5 years of age, it can run.

As for buying an ATI 3650. Would it not be better to plan to invest in a more sustainable configuration that allows you to access the PCIe cards, rather than trying to survive a config aging AGP?

I agree with you on the fact that my config begins to date! But the fact is that some people with config below mine (or almost identical) find that the game runs well, but I do not think can be said.

About purchasing a new card, it is true that it would be more profitable to invest in the pci-e but my wallet screams famine at this time and I can still enjoy the game in good conditions.

Small question about the Radeon HD 3650, I read that this card called a power supply consistently, I have a Enermax 420W is it enough? And do my little 3400 + will not have the tendency to slow down the map?

If playing in 800 x 600 with all the mini, it cut again, is that the component is weak processor. Perhaps to test first.

Quote Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
    I agree with you on the fact that my config begins to date! But the fact is that some people with config below mine (or almost identical) find that the game runs well, but I do not think can be said.

About purchasing a new card, it is true that it would be more profitable to invest in the pci-e but my wallet screams famine at this time and I can still enjoy the game in good conditions.

Small question about the Radeon HD 3650, I read that this card called a power supply consistently, I have a Enermax 420W is it enough? And do my little 3400 + will not have the tendency to slow down the map?
    "The game runs well" it will not say much about this kind of view, since the concept of "fluidity" is a relative of a person to another. The 3400 + (processor that I still had a little over a year) was a very good processor at its release but now it is more than limited and I'm not sure that moving to a HD 3650 or the best solution, especially as there are several problems with the AGP versions of Ati graphics cards.