Hello boys,

I have ATI HD 3850 AGP.

I state that I have the following system:
    Motherboard: A7N8X-E
    CPU: AMD BARTON 3000 +
    RAM: 2GB DDR DIMM
    ALI: 400 watts
    Operating system: Windows XP Pro 32bit

The problems started once I installed the video card. Catalyst drivers contained in the package did not work ... In fact, after I installed all the movies (avi, xvid, etc. ...) And with windows media player and VLC both, could be seen in green, that is, instead of the movie appears a green screen ...
    3D applications like google earth, showed errors display in texture ... and then stop the alarm VPU revovery. Another application in 3D warned me that I did not have support for directx and openGL ....

Personally, I think to myself: the drivers are corrupt or old ... then I go on the ATI site and download the latest version of catalyst, the 8.6. But first will remove the old drivers (using Driver Cleaner Pro).

At this point I am saying is that ..... Ok, now step to install a game to see how does the card.

I do not have many games, shooting out of the old Half Life 2.
    This at first seems to work well .... then just get up the resolution to 1280x1024 on pc it resets.

I try to install an old racing game (Rally Trophy), and rise 1024x768 Initially everything seems to go well, then when, after about 1 min of running, it stops everything (usually the block) and then return after several seconds.

I shot for the network, I have read many posts, also install the hotfix agp-I do not know what to do more.

Do you have any suggestions? Someone had problems too with the 3850?
    Thanks for your attention.

Re: Problems with the ATI Radeon HD 3850 512M GDDR3 AGP

Does your monitor have an HDMI in port? If so, use it as a test.

Try a different video card; unlikely to improve the situation.

Try another DVI to HDMI cable. Most likely to resolve your situation.

Use S video instead of DVI to HDMI.

Try DVI to S Video.

I finally solved the problem!
    I made a diagnosis directx with dxdiag and I have noticed that "agp texture acceleration" was disabled. I went right underneath Catalyst to control the SmartGart since the agp was turned. Wow. we believe that did not work. In a few words have skipped the drivers of the motherboard chipset. I immediately proceeded to install them.

I have a 400 W power supply, I squeezed the PC using FS9 (70frame / s) and FSX (15-20 frames / s) at 1280x1024 and I had no problem.

Hi, i know this has been a while...
    but any chance u still have the ATI 3850 AGP lying around? would really help in keepin my old PC alive for a few more years...
    Thanks

Are you asking me that you want to buy the ATI Radeon HD 3850 512M GDDR3 AGP? Well, I have already Rma'ed it because it was faulty and bought another card Ati HD 4870. By the way, I dont understand why you wanted to invest in a faulty card? What is your system rig, why dont you buy a new one instead? If you are looking for some used video card then make a topic here stating that you require a used graphic card - http://forums.techarena.in/buy-sell-computer-hardware/