Thread: Display driver stops responding

Display driver stops responding

Hello,

My config:

laptop Asus C90 Notebook Series
    Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT
    Intel Core CPU 6600@2.40GHZ

I have a problem for some time, when I play a game (wow), it frequently happens that I receive a message "the display driver has been recovered after being lost." This together with a black screen more or less long.
    Sometimes even my computer make me even a blue screen several times to the start after having this type of problem.

I am aware that this problem is common, and I have read several pages of people having the same.

I'm desperate, I do not know what to do. I downloaded the latest drivers on the Nvidia site, and the problem persists after much testing.

so if anyone knows the solution or has succeeded in solving the same type of problem, help me please

Thank you in advance

Re: Display driver stops responding

I suppose that you are under vista?

So 2 things 1st disable the application superfetch who is supposed to speed up the system launch programs : Control Panel, System and Maintenance, Administrative Tools, service, you down until you see the word Right click superfetch property, type of start: Disable ... This will prevent the message Display Driver nvlddmkm Stopped Responding and Has Recovered.

Regarding the blue screen repeat of a system shutdown when leaves turn off your pc 5minutes to completely empty its memory (find info on a forum WoW)

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

It' wouldn't hurt your hardware...in fact, by poping out the message, and BSOD, the computer is actually trying to protect itself...

This problem can probably be fixed using an older version of driver, you can trying looking for it in www.nvidia.com