Thread: Overheating of the 8800GTS graphics card

Overheating of the 8800GTS graphics card

Hi,

I used to have an AMD Athlon 64 3800 + and a 8800GTS graphics card 320 MB and 2 GB of RAM. With this setup my graphics card was used as well in games, view that I was limited by the processor. But a few days since I changed my setup, now I have a core i7 920, with 3GB of ram, and still my 8800GTS 320mo. Now in this game is more CPU limited to me but the graphics card (but its performance in games satisfy me perfectly).

But now, as before the graphics card was not operating fully, it does not heat much, but now I feel it too hot. In fact when I play on average 45min-1h, games crash routinely. Either I must reboot the PC in a "brutal" or a return on my windows (the office is unusable).

Temperatures to see I did a test with GPU occt, and the results worry me a bit, I'm 62 degrees idle and 90 degrees under full load occt (the card is not overclocked). So I wanted to know if these temperatures are alarming for a 8800GTS 320mo? (I saw the 4870 reach over 100 °).

If they are too hot I intend to change my fan card, which one do you? (the quietest available)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

Re: Overheating of the 8800GTS graphics card

Hi,

Memory with 8800GTS, even with the original fan, did not exceed 80 ° fully loaded, and I never worry that you meet graphics even at this temperature ...

This may actually be related to temperature, fan and then I will strongly advise Artic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800, it is very efficient at cooling (20/25 ° I lost support on my gts) and also well silent.

Hoping to have you helped a bit!

Hi, what are your temperatures at rest and in idlle full ?

Regarding the crash games I advise you to uninstall your drivers "proper" and give them a day. For the temperature you can start by replacing the thermal paste with a brand such as artic silver and then if you change your budget Fan.

By against I do not know if it is valid on your map, but on mine to remove fan must remove a sticker and if it is damaged the warranty void.
    So check all that well.

As I said above, the idle temperature is 62 ° and 90 ° full: Anyway I can change the ventilation system my card is out of warranty (warranty is 1 year since I have one year and a half).

As against when I start the PC for 2-3s (in the boot of the PC) I am fan of my card that I clearly turn out, but strangely when I open games, but it should turn bottom it does not

thank you for your advice
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination