Thread: Video card and driver problems

Video card and driver problems

hi there

I am having a big problem related to my video card.

I have recently bought ATI 9800 pro series video card which works fine. Monitor is a CRT 17" flat screen KDS which is fine also.

Problem starts here as i some 3D animation software type stuff on this PC and when I open Daz Studio I get these white strip banded lines. horizontal stripes running up and down on the body like a ribbon in several places. Also if I zoom in close up on the scene I get Diagonal strips across the screen from bottom to top.
    Initially i thought it was the monitor, this one took a hard fall a while back but works fine still. Well I tried another monitor of the same type and have the same problem.

I looked up the drivers for this card and downloaded new one from the ATI/AMD site. When I install the new drivers the program will not even open. I look in Task Manager under processes and the program shows to be running and 99% CPU.
    It never opens though!

I tried to reinstall the drivers few times, I found one from like 2004 or so on my system (hard drive was from my other system, I just poped it in and all worked and still old files on on it)

Please help me with this problem

Re: Video card and driver problems

have heard about MANY!! Ati 9800Pro crashs.. Even From my slef.. My was crashing to.

A Tip to everybody that have there ATI 9800Pro Crashing:

-Uninstall ServicePack2.
    -Download it again when new Drivers Come out. Beacuse there Ati Drivers Today havent been used to SP2 yet.
    -It worked by me

The only problems Ive had are the card overheating(fixed with VGA Silencer cooler) and crashes caused by the Catalyst 4.11 drivers. Went back to 4.10 and havent had any problems. See how hot the card is running. I have a Powercolor and even at stock speeds it would get so hot after 10 minutes of gaming it would lock up, even with that big *** heatsink that comes with it. Now with the Silencer it barely gets warm.

Its been my experience that once you start having problems with an ATI driver its best to just do a clean install of Windows. Sometimes doing a search for anything related to ATI and deleting it helps too.

When i got this card(ati radeon 9800) and started playing games with it, my computer would either freeze, restart or display random stuff on the screen.
    I tried uninstalling drivers and installing them again.. that didnt do the job.
    I researched through a bunch of different forums and it seemed like lots of people were having the same problems.
    I just bought a VGA silencer for less than 20 bucks and was playing NFSU2 on
    High resolution and all the settings i put on max.
    The game didnt freeze at all and it didnt seem like it was having any problems
    here is the link for the silencer i bought:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835186110
    hope that helps..