Thread: Sapphire video card has taken the evening

Sapphire video card has taken the evening

First, as I thought it was PSU perhaps had taken the evening, but after some testing, I've landed on my video card. The card in question is an ATI X1950 PRO from Sapphire. During startup (before the OS) I see red and blue dots that blink in against me. Inside the OS so there is random vertical and horizontal lines, as well as "take it off" and to the rendering of the images (leaving pixels in sharp angles out of the picture). In addition, so it happens that one of the screens, or both, losing the signal, system freezes and I have to force restart. As I said, the video card is my main suspect in this case, I have unfortunately no other cards to test with.

Re: Sapphire video card has taken the evening

Check the temp, blow away any dust.

Download ATiTool, scan for artifacts.

If it is rare colors in post, it is almost guaranteed that the video card is the sinner.

Since you have artifacts and the like, I can almost guarantee you that there is a video card that is the sinner.

Sapphire has an old reputation for themselves that the fans in some cases taking the evening after each. Have you checked if the fan actually goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirt View Post
    First, as I thought it was PSU perhaps had taken the evening, but after some testing, I've landed on my video card. The card in question is an ATI X1950 PRO from Sapphire. During startup (before the OS) I see red and blue dots that blink in against me. Inside the OS so there is random vertical and horizontal lines, as well as "take it off" and to the rendering of the images (leaving pixels in sharp angles out of the picture). In addition, so it happens that one of the screens, or both, losing the signal, system freezes and I have to force restart. As I said, the video card is my main suspect in this case, I have unfortunately no other cards to test with.
    Exactly the same problem here, to me it has gone so far as the card will not be in full 3D. Replacing my 4930 when it comes.