Thread: Need help for unstable Geforce 8400GS

Need help for unstable Geforce 8400GS

Hey Guys!
    I have a computer with Asus motherboard and geforce graphics card 8400gs. Specified these two only as i think the problem is in any of these two devices only. Heres the problem : I cannot start the computer many a times when i power it on for the first time of the day. Then i have to remove the cabinet cover and try to remove and insert the card again several times before getting it working. Once i am successful in switching on the computer, and shut it dow again it will start the next time only if my main power is on when th computer is shut, now if i shut off the power then my computer need some of the unplugging and plugging dose before starting! Any solutions for my problem? Please help guys, its quite irritating unplugging and plugging the gfx card time and again...!

Re: Need help for unstable Geforce 8400GS

You guessed it right but its not the graphics card issue but the motherboards problem. as i read, your problem only when you cut the power completely. So this can indicate 2 things of which the first one has occurred for sure :

• BIOS Battery has Died [confirmed]
    • Some of the capacitors are leaking.

Change the BIOS battery. If this doesn't help then do the following :
    If your motherboard is under warranty get it repaired from Asus Service center, if Not then you can get it repaired from a local computer service shop.
    All the best...!

Yeah man... I just changed the battery but nothing seemed to work... I'm posting from my laptop. I've noticed that the capacitors are swollen. It looks like they will burst up now...! Man i'll have to rush to the repairs shop...! Anyways thanks a lot...!

Swelling of capacitors are is not a good sign...! Make sure you get your motherboard fixed before it blasts up! Its a serious issue...
    All the best!