Thread: PCI Sound Card Installed But No Sound

PCI Sound Card Installed But No Sound

My uncle is facing the trouble with his onboard sound card and it is not able to get any sound working from it. As the windows is giving an error that there is a problem in starting the sound. So I thought of changing my sound card and brought the second hand sound card and fix on my PCI slot the card I putted is Creative Labs Sound Blaster PCI Sound Card - CT4810. All the installaion was done in the proper manner and I even change my windows and install the windows 7 but was unable to solve my problem. So I need to know the proper solution to get solved with my problem.

Re: PCI Sound Card Installed But No Sound

You have to check out to know your sound card is working or not by checking that the right audio serviced are running or not, then check that the audio device is not in the mute mode or the volume of your audio device is set too low which cannot be heard . You have to also check that your audio device is plugged in properly or not. If all are done and you are not able to solve your problem then it is your sound card is corrupted.

If you are using the second hand sound card then make it fix that it supports your motherboard. The sound card should be fix properly in the PCI slot. After getting it fix in the right way then install the drivers in in your computer and then restart your computer and then check out in the device manager the drivers are install or not. It will show you a yellow color question mark on the sound card device that means it has not be install and if you don't find and mark means your drivers are install but but there is problem in your sound card.

As you have taken the second hand sound card it means there is a risk of using it so just check its working or not working on other computer. You are having the creative sound blaster sound card that means you need to install the drivers which support your sound card. You can get the latest drivers for your sound card from the official website of creative and in the section of support you will found the driver which will support your sound card just download it and install it on your computer.

As your onboard sound card is not working then you should make sure that the sound card is enabled from the bios, if it is not enabled then the mother board is not able to detect it on your system. After enabling the sound card from your bios you should try to install the drivers of the sound card from the mother board CD which is provided to you by the company.

You must take this step to make working of the onboard sound card. First when your computer starts then just keep pressing the delete button to get in the bios setting and the go to the tab of advance and the enable the onboard sound card and the start your computer and then from the device manager just uninstall the driver and reinstall it from the motherboard CD and then restart your computer. You will find that you are solved out from your problem.