Thread: Updated Driver GeForce 8800 GTX Creates more Problem

Updated Driver GeForce 8800 GTX Creates more Problem

hi there.

I have bought a new Nvidia Geforce video card and have just installed the latest nvidia driver for my 8800 gtx card the next day. Some games were unable to run with this driver, so I uninstalled it and tried for a previous driver. Still I have the same problem with the old driver.
    Can anyone help me with this?
    Please provide some reviews.

Re: Updated Driver GeForce 8800 GTX Creates more Problem

You probably somehow didn't remove all of the old driver and it is causing conflicts with the new driver. Make sure you use a program like Driver Sweeper to make sure you remove 100% of the old driver. Then re-install the newest 180.48 drivers and see if that works.
    If that doesn't work, use the driver sweeper again after you uninstall the new ones and go back to the drivers you were using previously.

Remove the old Driver completely and re install the new 8.12

Perhaps you didn't notice , that he has an nVidia card and not an ATi card .
    But yeah the problem is probably caused by old driver remnants .
    Uninstall your drivers , go to safe mode , get rid of any remnants with Driver Cleaner and then Driver Sweeper , and THEN go on normal startup mode and install the newest drivers .

So, I pretty much figured it must be the card. The actual hardware must have gone bad. I followed drivercleaner's instructions explicitly, and I mean, they charge $10 for this product, so it MUST work, right? Anyway, I took the 8800 out and put in my old 7600GT and now my games are unplayable.

The question I have now is, I would follow driver cleaner's instructions, uninstall all nvidia driver components, reboot in safemode, uninstall display adapters because there's no way for me to cancel the automatic rebuild of them, run driver cleaner using all of the filters that start with nvidia (I don't have an nForce chipset on my motherboard) then run the driver cleaner, then reboot and install the new drivers and upon installing the new drivers it said each and everytime i tried it "<name of driver file> already exists do you wish to overwrite" Indicating nothing was actually cleaned or uninstalled. I check the log files and it shows several deletions, but nothing ever goes into my Recycle Bin. One of the final steps is to empty the recycle bin, a step I have not had to take as there's never anything in the recycle bin.

I hate to sound rude or cause a comotion here, but seems you fellas got my $10 and I got....nothing .....? Except for a retention of all my old problematic driver files that I spent money to clean out.

Sorry for the sarcasm, I"m very frustrated. And I'm afraid I'm also not impressed with the so-called 'support' offered here.