Thread: Glossy VS matt LCD monitor.

Glossy VS matt LCD monitor.

i am Using the computer with CRT monitor and now decided to buy Lcd. But the question - take with a glossy or matt surface? i want to know is this things really matters much if yes what is better option? monitor with the matte surface looks worse than the glossy is that true ?please tell me which is good .thank you.

Re: Glossy VS matt LCD monitor.

"quality matrix" - all glossy screens are supplied with low-cost matrix, and the gloss covers this lack contrast image

"impact on the vision" - a glossy surface protects the eyes from light radiation monitor (ultraviolet or unclear which), the effects of eyes less tired than the flat surface

discomfort is more for the presence of glare on the glossy surface of the light sources have to be diverted to them.and yes that is true monitor with the matte surface looks worse than the glossy.

Glossy screens produce an image that's generally regarded as "richer." Admittedly, that's a nebulous term, but essentially it means there is more color depth and vibrancy. On the downside, glossy screens are more susceptible to glare, reflecting light from windows and light bulbs. And they tend to show fingerprints and smudges more readily, especially when they are off.

Matte screens tend to handle glare better, due to a polarized coating over the glass that diffuses ambient light. A side effect of the matte finish is a slight blurring, reduced contrast and a narrower viewing angle.

I prefer a matte screen for one main reason. I detest looking at dirt specs and smudges. I don’t want to have to clean my monitor every day… or several times a day. Glossy screens are bad about that. They show *everything*! However, the colors are more vibrant on a glossy screen, and the blacks are richer. A matte screen is non-reflective, but that can be a pro OR a con. It depends on your preference, again.