Thread: trouble installing video card?

trouble installing video card?

Hi,
    I have recently purchased CPU: Socket 775 Support Intel Core 2 Duo, FSB 1066/800/533 MHz,Chipset: Intel 945GC & ICH7,Memory: 2x 240pin DDR2-667/533 DIMMs, Dual Channel, Max Capacity 2GB,Slots: 1x PCI-Express x16 Slot; 1x PCI-Express x1 Slot; 2x PCI Slots ,IDE/SATA: 1x ATA-100 Channel; 4x SATA Ports,Audio: Realtek ALC888 6-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC,Video: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Graphics Controller,LAN: Realtek RTL8111B-GR 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Controller,Ports: 8x USB 2.0 Ports (4 rear, 4 by headers); 2x PS/2 Ports; 1x Serial Port; 1x Parallel Port; 1x VGA Port; 1x RJ45 LAN Port; Audio I/O Jacks,Power Connector: 1x 24pin Main Power; 1x 4pin CPU Power,Form Factor: Micro ATX, 9.6 x 9.6 inch / 243.84 x 243.84 mm, an ATI Radeon 9550 128MB card came with the system. but the problem is i can not install the new card, I am not recieving any video. I have looked for software drivers but having no luck with the issue. I am assuming that it is possibly a driver issue of some sort, maybe the motherboard?

Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: trouble installing video card?

hi,
    You have to disable the on board video in your bios.machines are hard to upgrade because they limit the amount of variables in the proprietary bios they write to their machines.If you know how to get to the Bios setup screens you will be looking for anything that refers to the 'on board graphics/video' and disable it.

After insatallation you are unable to see video then try to boot in safe mode:

• Be aware that you will be booting to safe mode, so be ready to press the F5 button on the next step.
    • Boot to safe mode. Try to do it with a series of Alt-F4's, or if not that Ctrl-Alt-Deletes, but failing that you may need to hit the reset button.
    • When you see "starting Windows", press the F5 button. This will get you into safe mode. Since safe mode loads no drivers, including video drivers, you'll be placed in 640x480x16, which presumably your monitor can handle.
    • Start/settings/control-panel, then double-click Display, then the Settings tab, then click the "Change Display Type" button. Leave the display adapter where it is, but change the monitor type to Standard VGA 640x480. Click here for detailed instructions on this step.
    • Shutdown, and allow a normal (non-safe mode) reboot. Your video will be clean because your Diamond drivers "knew" that a Standard VGA 640x480 monitor type can take only a lowest-common-denominator refresh rate. But the fact that you rebooted with the Diamond driver means the InControl Desktop Manager will run.
    • Run the InControl Desktop Manager, and change the resolution, colors, and refresh rate to values producing clean video.

hi,
    if you boot with the PCI card, after that screen doesn'y show anything then try switching the VGA connector back to the on-board video without restarting. if the on-board does have video in that case, then windows must be ignoring the BIOS default video device.try to disable the on-board video in the BIOS.