Thread: Display Product Question

Display Product Question

hi there.......

I have a 24 inch Samsung 245T and I am looking to get another monitor. I am considering getting either another 24 inch LCD monitor or even a 30 inch LCD monitor.
    My question is will my graphics card Nvidia Radeon 7800GTX KO will be able to handle a 30 inch LCD monitor or a 24 inch LCD monitor.

Another question which I would like to ask about monitor is what do you think as which screen is better, the Samsung 305T or the Dell 3008WFP-HC.

Please help me in finding the solution for this queries.................

Re: Display Product Question

Samsung 30 inch monitor provide you much more better quality in terms of sound and picture clarity. It yields a more than double performance of 24 inch Samsung monitor. The performance is good of 30 inch samsung LCD monitor as compared with 24 inch LCD monitor on a Nvidia Radeon 7800 GTX ko video card.

With SLI you will gain anywhere from 0 to 80% performance increases in games. That is because, not all games support SLI. And games that do, it is not utilized 100%. It all depends on the game, and what environment you are in. If for example, the game is gpu limited and it utilizes sli efficiently, you will notice a nice increase in performance. On the other hand, if the game is cpu limited or does not use sli efficiently, you won't be seeing any improvements at all.

It depends on how the game was coded along with the video drivers and what needs to be rendered in the scene.

For simplicity sakes, think of it as using two video cards to run the game instead of just one. So you have the power of two video cards working together to render the scene. But, you don't always have enough stuff on the screen to use the power of two video cards.

About the two LCD monitors The Dell use a S-IPS panel with wide-gamut lamps by LG.Philips.

The Samsung use its own S-PVA panel with normal lamps.

Probably the Dell (combined with a colorimeter) is a better choice for graphic applications.

The S-PVA normally excels on real contrast and text clarity.

The Dell use a S-IPS panel with wide-gamut lamps by LG.Philips.
    The Samsung use its own S-PVA panel with normal lamps.

Probably the Dell (combined with a colorimeter) is a better choice for graphic applications.
    The S-PVA normally excels on real contrast and text clarity.

The main thing the Samsung has over the Dell is that it seemed to be factory calibrated better.

Dell 3008WFP-HC

Best Features:

• The new look borrowed from the 2707WFP,
    • The IPS panel technology which is rare !
    • the 8 ms response time. Let’s pray that real reactivity is better, if not this could be amongst the slowest on the market,
    • The 3000:1 contrast ratio which is way above average,
    • Brightness at 370 cd/m² which is excessively bright if Dell did indeed opt for This as a default setting,
    • The rich connectivity in addition to an unprecedented Display Port input.

The context in which the new 3008WFP-HC arrives has also changed. During the launch of the first 3007WFP two years ago, even 24 inch models seemed oversized ; however this is no longer the case. The latter size is becoming incredibly popular to the point that some models are now found in the entry-level with a price under 300 Euros.

From the moment that 24’’s have taken over the mid-range, a large vacuum was left which demands a new high end product. So the bets are on. Dell is amongst those playing this game and its two possible outcomes:
    - some are gambling on 26/27/28 inch Full HD monitors,
    - others – and fewer manufacturers – are counting on the 30 inch.

Surely, the 30’’ diagonal appears immense and oversized ; however this was the exact same case for the 24’’ two years ago. Therefore, it isn’t unreasonable to think that the 30 inch could make its way into users’ homes, especially if we imagine a double use for these products as a monitor and television. The size and video inputs enable this.