Thread: Continuous Beeps After Installing new Video Card

Continuous Beeps After Installing new Video Card

hi there.......
    I have a problem installing my new video card. My card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 core 216. The problem is as i installed it the pc satarted posting beeps as well as there is no display.
    i tried with a diferent video card that i know which works perfectly but still no display. i get POST beeps, and if i hit delete i can hear getting louder as if entering bios and still no display.

What is the problem?
    Please suggest me about this..........

Re: Continuous Beeps After Installing new Video Card

hi there........

The CPU has to be working to get the beeps. Also, the motherboard has to be working to some degree to get beeps. If you are having display problems, I guess it could be a motherboard slot problem in which the card is inserted; but are you sure that you are using video cards that are technically compatible with your motherboard slot as different motherboard have different series of slot as well as different requirements as a video card

have a look on this:

The system will always boot with all device drives accessed by the operating system, but no video signal then this may be due some booting problem.

i guess you have to first understand the peripheral bus architecture of your motherboard. you have to check the type of slot available on your motherboard and you have to insert the video card according to it.
    similarly there are several aspects; but i prefer you to check this first.
    It's not a BIOS problem.

there will also be problem if you make any other hardware changes besides adding a video card?

or you would have made changes in any default bios setting and now may not detect it...........

hello.......

Nothing wrong with the card or the rest of the system. But for some reason the system just didnt like it. Swapped the card for another one of the same manufacturer and model and She will fire up.
    Before going to the extent of doing that however give the connection pins a light rub with one of those green dish washing scourers or some steel wool. Some times this will solve the problem thought making a slightly better connection.

try this one:

Try to check whether the video card cable is properly connected.
    check whether the video card is properly inserted..
    also check whether you have inserted in the correct slot....
    verify the video card is properly in a working state.

Try checking to see if your video card needs to be connected to a 6-pin power cable. Many of the newer video cards now require an additional connection to the power supply via a 6-pin PCIe power connector. Without this special connection, your computer will give out a prolonged beeping sound after you turn it on, and may prevent your monitor from displaying a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ba. View Post
    Try checking to see if your video card needs to be connected to a 6-pin power cable. Many of the newer video cards now require an additional connection to the power supply via a 6-pin PCIe power connector. Without this special connection, your computer will give out a prolonged beeping sound after you turn it on, and may prevent your monitor from displaying a picture.
    you sir are awesome. I came here searching for the answer to why my computer was giving a continuous beeping on startup. I eventually narrowed it down to the video card. It was exactly what you said, I hadn't connected it to the power supply.

thank you very much!