Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

computer freezes when playing games

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 06-02-2009

computer freezes when playing games

Hello

I'm using Radeon X1900 . Previously it was working awesome but now from few days whenever i play or start any video game just computer gets hang and does not respond and just gets freez with a empty black screen . and sometimes i gets the following error
Quote:
VPU recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands
Just don't know what to do now. thanks for any help

Old 06-02-2009

Re: computer freezes when playing games

This may be faulty memory. Try running a memory test program, or trying new memory to see if that is the issue. If your memory is fine, or if new memory works fine, then run a full scandisk (fdisk) on the hard drive to see if there are bad sectors. Try another video card, if you have a cheap old reliable one laying around, to see if video is the issue.
Old 06-02-2009

When you re-installed windows did you install a Anti-virus? Many times a Anti-virus running in the background will crash your game.
Old 06-02-2009

Reinstall the OS - If you have already troubleshooted the OS itself without resolution (i.e. Driver updates, OS updates, etc etc.)
Old 06-02-2009

I think you card is over heating , first make sure that fan is still spinning after you launch any game and that the card heat sink fins are free of dust and dirt over the years. Also be sure you have latest update of your driver. http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,