Thread: Sony Vaio laptop PCG K115 Video capture problem

Sony Vaio laptop PCG K115 Video capture problem

Hello

I have a Sony Vaio laptop PCG K115 and I would like to know if I can make the video by plugging my camera directly by the entry limewire .Thecomputer is equipped with a graphics card: Mobility Radeon 9200 And a Host Controller Texas Instruments IEEE1394 (what is this card?)

PS: When I connect my camera directly and I met the power windows do not see it as a new material that comes to actually connect it nothing happens

Thank you in advance for your information

Re: Sony Vaio laptop PCG K115 Video capture problem

The interface IEEE 1394 or FireWire.

FireWire is the name given by Apple marketing bus P Series IEEE 1394 which is at the origin. The name "general public" is IEEE 1394, the P was lost en route ... This series SCSI interface was developed to manage the connections of multimedia computers and associated peripherals. Interface IEEE 1394 (or IEEE 1394) allows, for example, to transmit digital video (from a digital video (DV), d a VCR or a digital television HDTV) directly to a computer.

In contrast to analog transmission, the transfer of digital data allows system integration easier and less costly in applications such as systems for video-conference high-resolution video-mail and document processing by the picture.

Adapted for data transfers isochronous (real time), the IEEE 1394 interface can also be implemented in printers, scanners and storage devices (hard drives in particular). Isochronous transfers guarantee a minimum transfer rate constant, which is particularly attractive to multimedia applications.

Many manufacturers are endorsing this standard, including AT & T, Canon, Compaq, Fuji, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Kodak, Microsoft, Texas Instruments, Yamaha and some others ... The leader of the SCSI card, Adaptec offers an IEEE 1394 card under reference AHA-8945. Miro also offers IEEE 1394 card in its catalog, the DV-300, rather oriented editing digital video. Combined with map Miro DC-30, it turns your machine into the station editing and titling. Both work with DV camcorders Sony HandyCam, equipped with IEEE 1394. Fast Technology also offers a video capture card with an IEEE 1394 port, this is the DV Master

The IEEE 1394 bus is a bus for devices requiring very high sustained flows, such as video processing, for example. I1 is now available in four versions which reach 100 Mbps, 200 Mbps and 400 Mbps ie 12.5, 25 and 50 Mbps (Million octect / s). Note 400 Mbits / s = 400 000 000 / 8 ~ 50 Mbps), slightly less than the best current SCSI interface (Ultra 3 SCSI with 320 MB / s). The FireWire bus is also possible to connect up 63 devices, without hub, and a truly plug and play, just like the USB. Thus, it is possible to add or remove a device hot (the hot plugging) without having to reboot the PC or configure anything. A brief comment regarding the bus. Microsoft advocates the development of IEEE-1394 interfaces directly accessing the CPU and memory, bypassing the PCI bus. Thus Via Technologies is preparing a set of circuits incorporating an IEEE 1394 directly connected to the processor bus, bypassing the PCI bus.
    New specification IEEE 1394 bus B and outputs IEEE 1394.1 in February 2000, bringing rates to 800 Mbit / s for IEEE 1394B and 1.6 Gbps and 3.2 Gbps for 1394.1 is 100 MB / s, 200 Mb / s and 400 Mb / s. These new specifications honest communication with the IEEE-488 bus and card management input / output for industrial instrumentation. The IEEE 1394.1 is a shift to the network. This means that the bus transforms and is managed as a network

The digital video (DV) pass-through feature in Microsoft Windows Movie Maker allows you to transfer video from an analog video camera or VCR to your computer using a DV camera to connect either device to your computer. Using the DV pass-through feature is a good way to transfer older footage from an analog videotape to your computer without installing an extra analog video capture card or device on your computer. (Some popular analog video formats include 8mm, Hi-8, VHS, and S-VHS.)

When you use DV pass-through, video from a videotape is played back from an analog video camera or VCR that's connected to a DV camera, which in turn is connected to your computer by using an IEEE 1394 connection (for example, Apple FireWire or Sony i.Link). In this configuration, the DV camera converts the video from analog to digital format, and then transfers the digital video to your computer. You can then capture the video that's passed through the DV camera to your computer by using Windows Movie Maker.

If you have a large amount of video on analog videotapes, you can save time by using DV pass-through because the video is captured directly into Windows Movie Maker without first recording the analog video to a DV tape, and then capturing the video from the DV tape to your computer.

To use DV pass-through to transfer an analog videotape to your computer, you will need the following:
    • An analog video camera or VCR
    • A DV camera that supports DV pass-through in playback mode (often labeled VCR/VTR mode on a DV camera)
    • An IEEE 1394 port on your computer
    • A S-video cable or RCA cable that has stereo RCA connectors, a composite video connector, and a mini-jack connector
    • Windows Movie Maker 2.1 (which is installed with Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2).

thank you for the information you provided ,but this does not solve my problem. whenever I plug my camera on the firewire port windows does not recognize it, i tried the same camera and cable on another computer and it works .I plug my external audio firewire port on the windows detects it as new hardware, more checked in the device manager and my sound card and driver are properly installed

Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    thank you for the information you provided ,but this does not solve my problem. whenever I plug my camera on the firewire port windows does not recognize it, i tried the same camera and cable on another computer and it works .I plug my external audio firewire port on the windows detects it as new hardware, more checked in the device manager and my sound card and driver are properly installed
    Sometimes you have to connect the cam to the PC, turn it on (and in extreme cases, press "Play "....), then start the PC then to be supported. 2) If you have service pack 2: a little patch is required download from here