Thread: How to run 4 monitors?

How to run 4 monitors?

hi,
    how can I get a computer 4 monitors, each with its own signal to connect? there are 2 units per graphics card possible, as it is possible to install a second Graka when the board only 1x PCI-e x16, or it is possible an SLI board and to graka's both individually and not in the composite you 2x the cheapest available with dual output card is easy and installs?

I hope you can help me, is really important. and it is possible a touchscreen to operate the depressed only to monitor their own response? I currently have a second monitor with a touch screen 7 "screen and when I think something hit the windows display on the first monitor is arbitrary and open something on 1 monitor at each center is located.

Re: How to run 4 monitors?

hi,
    Two graphics cards in general are possible. If you only have 1x slot PCe,it's difficult. Moreover, it is important to note that under both Vista graphics drivers have the same need (namely, either ATI or NV, does not mix). What you as a possibility of putting it: A new Motherboard (do so anyway) with onboard GPU + external graphics card.

The Matrox cards but careful that you do not buy what Gxxx based. They can only 1280x1024 via DVI and are otherwise quite behind.

What exactly do you expect with the 4 displays happen, or what is the practical application scenario? Should all the same show (Clone view) or together form a large desktop (spanning)? Supports Windows on several cards simultaneously (!) And a configuration / management of the logical interfaces? 'Spanning View' with multiple cards, I believe that is unlikely. What I could imagine are separate logical interfaces, according to physical devices separated. Consequently, only a physical device and the desktop to define one's own logical interfaces (DualHead) expand. The other surfaces should be independent by software / program to be addressed.