Thread: Is it worth to ADD Graphic card! My MB is D945GCNL. My Interest in Screensavers & watching movies only.

Is it worth to ADD Graphic card! My MB is D945GCNL. My Interest in Screensavers & watching movies only.

Hello,

I checked my MotherBoard D945GCNL which has G950 Graphic memory having 400 mhz speed, with fixed memory upto 128 mb. & DVMT upto 242mb

I like screensavers & some screen saver never run due to non availability of AGP.

Though, My budget goes near 1000 to 1800 for graphic card.

Will it be worthy to add Graphic card compared to internal graphics specification (considering my budget)?

My req for graphics are not too high but I need screensavers to be run & movies should be shown very good.

As I see Nvidia 8400 GS coming in my budget. Can anyone give % performance with my Internal graphics & Nvidia?

Kindly advise your expert knowledge.

Thanks

Re: Is it worth to ADD Graphic card! My MB is D945GCNL. My Interest in Screensavers & watching movies only.

Well, to be precise, if you add a graphic card in your mobo which has an internal onboard graphics then you will definitely getting more graphic ratio percentage as compared to the onboard graphics. You will be able to note a major difference in terms of game playing or watching movies or even doing some graphic projects. But unless if you do not use it for higher end gaming or graphic editing then I would say rather stay with your onboard graphics capability.