Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-01-2009

question Can i connect TV on Computer Monitor without CPU?

Hi All! i have a problem here, i blew my TV with a baseball! now i wanna connect my digital tv's set-top box on my computer's monitor. is it possible? do i need any special hardware or converters and all that stuff? help me guys, i'm dying without my favourite shows!
Old 19-01-2009

ThumbsUp Re: Can i connect TV on Computer Monitor without CPU?

Yeah you can do that! All you need to buy is an external TV Tuner box. connect you monitor to the TV-Tuner Box, and connect your set-top box to the TV-Tuner. power your TV-Tuner, monitor and you Set-top box, now use the monitor as your TV-Set. have fun! Next time don't do such stupid act, it can cost you too much next time!
Old 19-01-2009

star Re: Can i connect TV on Computer Monitor without CPU?

Thanks you! thank you so much! if nothing would have worked, i would have to buy a new TV! Can plan it for a later time now! thanks once again!
Old 30-03-2011

unsure Re: Can i connect TV on Computer Monitor without CPU?

So hi, David23, um you mean I can connect a tv tuner to my dtv converter box and then connect the computer monitor???
i mean, dtv converter box is the same as set-top box, right? i don't wanna use the computer monitor for my computer anymore since I have another monitor for it anyway. and i wanna use the flat screen computer monitor for my room to watch tv. and there's also another issue about a DVD player. can i connect a dvd player in there somewhere??? XD i know i'm like asking waayyy too much of technology and you.
so, thanks.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: ,