Thread: Hardware monitor found an error.

Hardware monitor found an error.

I am going out of my mind right now. I am getting this message on mu screen, Hardware monitor found an error. I have tried everything, and the stupid message keeps coming up, actually, the computer keeps on resetting itself. Could anybody help me out with this, please. You can leave me an email at georgio-avanti@hotmail.com.

Thank you

George

Re: Hardware monitor found an error.

Actually is the CPU Fan actually connected to the right socket as if it isn't that will give you the same error message. Sometimes the CPU Fan gets connected to one of the Case Fan sockets and while it works perfectly you will keep getting error messages.

You should also clean out the Heat Sink just to make sure that there are no possible overheating problems with the CPU but if you are being told that the CPU fan is running too slow and it's connected to the correct socket you'll have to replace the Fan.

Re: Hardware monitor found an error.

Press the DELETE key on startup to enter your BIOS. Tab over to the power option. Next, go down to the hardware monitor option and hit Enter. If your CPU is warmer than say 60ish Degrees Celsius, then either your CPU fan isn't working (the fan/heatsink that sits directly on your processor, should be the tallest thing on your motherboard) or it's filled with dust and overheating. If the fan is dead, time to buy a new heatsink/fan. If it's working, blow out as much dust as you can, that will help immensely.

Hope this resolved your problem.

question Re: Hardware monitor found an error.

Quote Originally Posted by kiLler View Post
    Actually is the CPU Fan actually connected to the right socket as if it isn't that will give you the same error message. Sometimes the CPU Fan gets connected to one of the Case Fan sockets and while it works perfectly you will keep getting error messages.

You should also clean out the Heat Sink just to make sure that there are no possible overheating problems with the CPU but if you are being told that the CPU fan is running too slow and it's connected to the correct socket you'll have to replace the Fan.
    The great you are the special areas of IT.

Thanks
    IT Administrator, CLL
    CEES, MUK