Thread: Connect a computer to a CRT TV.

question Connect a computer to a CRT TV.

guys i have brought a new Graphics Card which has a S-video out port. can i connect my CRT tv which has a Audio-Video port to my computer.
    i imagine if this thing works, i plan to play lot of games in my TV screen.
    please help me.

Re: Connect a computer to a CRT TV.

You have a s-video port on th graphics card, so u need to buy a cable (s-video to composite) that will connect to the s-video port on the graphics card and on the video connector (yellow) on TV. In some cases there are cables with s-video input and give two output. In such case you will need a junction connecter. It is a simple triangular pin which will take two input & give one output that will go to your video pin of TV. Two cables are for: first for video (black and white), second for color. If you directly connect the black & white video pin to TV's video connecter avoiding the junction connector, you will see a Black & White view of your computer
    You will need to buy another audio cable that converts stereo signal (single pin with 3 connections Left, Right & common) to Left-Right Audio that goes to the TV (red & white connectors)
    Now you need to start your PC & TV to find out whether your TV gets detected by your PC as a secondary monitor(For details:-Right click on desktop, scroll down to "Properties" then go to the settings Tab; there you would see two monitor screen shots running with their respective properties(monitor 1 & monitor 2).Make the necessary changes you desire
    in the "Settings" Dialog box.Like changing the Resolution on the TV Set(Default is 1024 by 768 Pixels:- Recommended).And setting the color to 32 bits(highest) In my case.Important point to keep in mind is to use the "Dual Mode".In this case, you Desktop gets Extended on to your TV Set Screen.For this you should Select or check mark "Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor", that is, Your TV should be the Secondary Monitor in this case...

ThumbsUp Re: Connect a computer to a CRT TV.

Nice! i'll play CS on the TV now!! great man! i didn't knew such thing is possible!
    thanks for explaining so well. thanks a lot