Thread: ATI Crash (Peak) Radeon X1650 Pro PCIE

ATI Crash (Peak) Radeon X1650 Pro PCIE

Hello!
    I state that I have tried on this forum and around the net, but I have not found anyone with my same problem.
    I have the video card in question (512 MB) installed, non-integrated, on an ASUS P5VD2-MX. The W e WinXP Sp3 and I have a 20 GB partition with Kubuntu 7.10.
    The problem is reflected in the appearance of many screen horizontal colored lines. For a moment the software in use is continuing to work (you hear the audio) and then freezes everything and I have to restart the cold. The curious thing, though, is another. The crash does not happen with games, but with software "lighter" and, most occur only under windows.
    To enter the field of games, I say that I have only tested the card with CoD4 at the highest levels of performance graphics ( no penalty: was so jerky, and also has some strange, that I found to be "dead" only after a few seconds from the "shot") and Xpand Rally Extreme also the highest level, flight simulators or train, but nothing has happened. The crash occurs instead with media players (VLC, WMP, DivX, RealOne, QT), AutoCAD (both 2D and 3D), ArchiCAD, without apparent overload of the card (AutoCAD and ArchiCAD send crash with 3D modeling of small).
    Thinking that it was the card, I tried to test it on Kubuntu (except games and CAD), but no crash occurred, using various media players, I could see all the films and movies without any problems.
    I have updated the Catalyst drivers and I installed the latest Omega, but the problem continues. I read in your suggestions that the problem could be due to updating of the MB, but given that the failure is unusual, because software crash with "light" and not with software "heavy" and especially on Kubuntu nothing happens, it is MB to create the problems?
    Forgive my place very long, but really I do not know what to do. With its PC work with AutoCAD and ArchiCAD and the mere thought of not being able to work properly, I anger the rib.
    Thanks to all who meet me.

Re: ATI Crash (Peak) Radeon X1650 Pro PCIE

Do this test: VMT - Video Memory Test

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4109

Re: ATI Crash (Peak) Radeon X1650 Pro PCIE

Sorry, I am a mule! What "program" have to start? On the web I found many, and all shareware (Burning Test, 3DMark), but none believe that he saw "test maximum."

However Burning Test with no hardware problems are ... Would be the DirectX (9.0c) to be reinstalled?