Thread: HD3870 Crossfire problem

HD3870 Crossfire problem

Hello people

Well, I will explain my problem. I made the purchase last week of 2 Powercolor HD3870, and I met some trouble. First, the crossfire was not working on my MSI K9A platinum (equipped with the 580X chipset RD580 or managing the crossfire), I thought, for the time that the problem was the motherboard, and I therefore purchased a new K9A Platinum 2, which loads the new 790FX chipset ... Unfortunately, this is the same, the crossfire is not working, then it is still enabled in the CCC ... I tested various configurations at the ports pci-e motherboard, without success (same for crossfire bridges) Can someone please help me Thanks in advance

Re: HD3870 Crossfire problem

Hello , Have You Installed the microsoft hotfix for crossfire ? and tested several drivers? tested a card after another machine to see if is not a defective ... after you can be CPU-limited, although I doubt that it's the problem.

Microsoft has issued a hotfix which may be a possible answer to your performance woes if you own an ATI HD4870×2 or HD3870×2 card. According to Microsoft this issue happens according to the following scenario

• You have a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1.
    • The computer is equipped with Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) Express Interface slots.
    • Active State Power Management (ASPM) is enabled in the computer’s BIOS setup.
    • The computer is installed with ATI HD3870×2, ATI HD4870×2 hardware, or other hardware that has a PLX Technology Inc. PEX 8647-AB PCI Express switch.

The system may show low graphics performance, and occasionally the system or certain applications may respond slowly or may not respond at all.

click on here to download the hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by kiLler View Post
    Hello , Have You Installed the microsoft hotfix for crossfire ? and tested several drivers? tested a card after another machine to see if is not a defective ... after you can be CPU-limited, although I doubt that it's the problem.
    Hello , i was just wondering what is this Crossfire X ?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith.J View Post
    Hello , i was just wondering what is this Crossfire X ?
    CrossFire (also CrossFire X after release of the Spider desktop platform on November 19, 2007) is a brand name for ATI Technologies' multi-GPU solution, which competes with Scalable Link Interface (SLI) from NVIDIA. The technology allows up to four graphics cards to be used in a single computer to improve graphics performance. Although only recently announced for consumer level hardware, similar technology known as AMR has been used for some time in professional grade cards for flight simulators and similar applications available from Evans & Sutherland, ATI had also previously released a similar dual RAGE 128 consumer card called the Fury MAXX.

source-wikipedia