Thread: DVI much better than VGA?

DVI much better than VGA?

Hello, my video card has two DVI outputs, and now I want to ask how big is the difference from VGA to DVI.
    I work with a resolution of 1444x900 (or as it means * g *)

Re: DVI much better than VGA?

Try it, there is no definitive conclusion.
    For VGA quality depends on the content of a lot more factors than with DVI. This begins with the graphics card to go with the plug contacts continued, is continued in the cable and finally ends with the signal of the monitor. Many potential sources of interference that can deal with DVI saves.

While DVI's image in just two states: complete error free or unusable.

But I would say that under normal circumstances the DVI to VGA is always preferable (also because some monitor characteristics work often only in DVI mode).

It is a question, because my TFT monitor from LG now makes problems. I previously had a console on the monitor. Since my monitor has VGA and DVI.

Now on yesterday evening I had the console of my VGA monitor removed and went at once when booting (ie once the user name I can choose) with the message "Digital power saving mode" ...
    The problem is that I want the PC and the VGA mode, so the console can be connected. The temporary solution has always been, pc to quickly source to source vga mode, the PC and console play.

Now I only have DVI on the pc, I do not understand why the signal allegedly no longer exists. The monitor and computer functions properly.

Yes and no if the data is too high for the peripherals (eg Mieses DVI cable) then there picture repetation at high frequencies (75-85Hz) and high resolution. so the background splashes.

The problem I have found is something interesting,
    dvi-i -> does not

DVI-D -> does not

dvi-a -> goes: 1024 x 768, 1280 x 768, 1360 x 768 and 1366 x 768 @ 60hz

vga -> as a dvi

all have themselves tested on my pc ...

I believe!! just the analog signals from the PC are accepted by Receiver or DVD player, etc. with a source dvi equipped! only digital work.
    I Use a div-D cable ... 18 +1

VGA must be changed twice because LCD panels are not analogous to be controlled. VGA is limited to the functioning of a tailored CRTs.