Thread: compaq v6000 notebook blank Screen issue

compaq v6000 notebook blank Screen issue

Hi guys i am facing problem with my compaq v6000 notebook.When I turn it on, screen comes up as blank. Lights lit up and it shows that external monitor is attached.my compaq v6000 is out of warranty and HP engineer's are charging $350 to repair.

please help me .

i have the same issue with my compaq.
    i think its a loose solder joint either between the hinges where the wires to the lcd screen get power and data from the system or there might be a loose connection inside the panel itself cause a firm tap to the back or top of the panel. you can solve it by calling a local engineer(not HP).He will solve your problem and will take charges.

Re: compaq v6000 notebook blank Screen issue

for me definatley the display close power switch, located under switch/speaker panel.im not sure if the hinge activates it or not. looked into mine and found part# tag interfering w/ power switch board, cleaned it up, working good now. discovered this by gently pulling top left and pushing lower right of display, it would flicker.thaught it was closed probably a result of closing it with right side after every shut down.im trying to close only from middle..i also try never to pick it up from one corner, plastic is very bendy and **** comes loose.two hands always, specialy where rom is.i think your monitor thinks its closed. while black hold it under bright light and you can see enough to navigate.tried svid, used it for safemode driver check, took several hours before i got to hinge. i hope this is your troubles as they cost nothing to repair.my warrenty left 22 days ago.i was sweating.hope this helps.
    joe