Thread: Project 2003 SP2. Operation failed saving as HTML

Project 2003 SP2. Operation failed saving as HTML

I need some help to save a project in html page. I am not able to work on the same. I am using Microsoft Project 2003 SP2. I am using the export wizard to generate a html page of all task but somehow it is not working. The process starts and after a few minutes of working there is a error on the screen saying that the operation failed. It is not working. I had tried the same a number of time but still it is not working. I am sure there will be some way to deal with the problem. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.

It looks project is buggy while saving the files in other format. I think going for some kind of converter that can help you to convert a mpp file to html format may help you a lot on the same. There are set of different extension on which you will need to work. I am planing to work with different software that allows me to save a mpp file in excle and html format. But yet I had not success which really works. I got the file but it is totally messed up and internally it does not look that Project has some plugin for this.

I am struggling to configure project properly on my system. I had updated recently upgraded my system to SP3. Many recommended me that it will make the system more stable. The upgrade was proper and there was no issue with the configuration. But somehow there was problem with project installation. While on the old version it was working very well. I was pointing the installation at right direction but still it is not working fine. I had tried to install it and atlast it worked but instantly crashed on opening some old files.

If you are using VBA and it is recommended that you get right code for the same. You will need a good programmer for what you are trying to do. Project is not a tiny application nor it is going to work well with any plug in or third party program. Microsoft has embedded a option to export files in html and excel format but if all the objects are not created properly it will crash and it will not work at all.