Thread: How do I change the project calander from 5 day to 7 day week?

How do I change the project calander from 5 day to 7 day week?

Dear all,
    I am having a project which spans from May 06 to Jan 08. I have set up the project calendar with holidays as nonworking days and 5 day working week. However, now i want to change holiday non-work days to work days, change 7 day working week and reflect the same in completed and in-progress and scheduled activities as well.

Re: How do I change the project calander from 5 day to 7 day week?

See you can change your current working calendar to 7 day working week but i doubt if you will be able to convert company holidays to working days. On the other hand i don't think that it will make any sense if you will try to reflect it in completed and in-progress and scheduled activities. If possible open the working time calendar and from today set all all weekends and future holidays as nondefault working time. After that go in to tools/Options/Calendar tab and set Hours per week to be 56 if you are using 8 hour work day.If not, then you can set it accordingly.

If you go to tools, change working time. You can set the new calander by goint to exceptions, deleting the holiday exceptions leaving you with just the working time exception. Click on details where you can set your daily working hours by selecting working times and entering your hours, then select weekly and highlight all seven days. Then by setting the range of recurrence to be from the start date to end date of your project it should change the working times of past progress. However, whichever way you have been updating you progress until now will mean that certain start dates entered or % complete per week for example means that your progress wont be fully spread to fill your new working hours.

hope this is of help