Thread: S-curve exported to excel

Sorry if this thread is going into wrong post. I’m trying to see a curve between the Plan progress and the actual progress of the work in terms of time. I tried doing it but don’t know why not getting the curve. I also tried getting some help from other discussions provided here on this forum but none of them worked for me. Can anyone please tell me how can I get the curve? Please provide simple steps for doing the same. Many thanks.

RE: S-curve exported to excel

In order to get the curve properly, there are few requirements such as properly statused schedule, coasted resources assigned to tasks and a baseline and ofcourse complete tasks. As far as I know about MS Project, it will not give you data to the right of the status date if you want to generate data past the status date. So make sure you are setting the status date past the last day of your project. Once done, try exporting the data to MS Excel and see if you get any problem in getting curve.

re: How to build an S curve with the help of project

you posted the question surely you already know how to construct an S curve with the help of project :) but I needed to do and did not know and did not find anyone teaching. I took a poke around in the reports of the project and found out, then I'll post aki to help others.