Thread: Resource Usage View - adding columns only available in Task Views

Resource Usage View - adding columns only available in Task Views

I am trying to do "Exporting of Data through Resource Usage View" post is doing and I am also using the resource usage view to move tasks by resource to Excel. But I have been asked for additional information for each Resource View in Excel by the PM. That information is on the Task Views and is total "resources" on task, total "work" hours estimated, the "Notes" and a "Text" field from the Task View, all on one line by task in Excel. It will be useful to get that summary task line too, but I am not able to figure out how to get it in the Resource Usage View. I want to know if there's a way to do this in or out of project without any problems. It's the combination of the Resource Usage view and the Tracking Gantt (plus some fields) that's causing me grief. The final goal is an Excel tab for each resource with all the above information. Thanks for any information.

Re: Resource Usage View - adding columns only available in Task Views

I think that you are not using Project 2007 because that version has expanded capability for getting Project data into Excel via Visual Reports. You can try to go the below link and check out some information on Data Types: Task, Resource and Assignment -

http://www.mvps.org/project/faqs.htm

I saw the response, have a similar challenge, and didn't find her solution posted. I want to add custom text to the Resource Usage field. Are there commands to make text appear in the resource report? If so, what are they?

I don't know why you can't see it. Pam's question is on this same page: Resource Usage View - adding columns only available in Task Views
    I am trying to add custom text fields to the Resource Usage Report table. The Usage report however doesn't recognize Task fields. Is there some way to redirect the usage table to accept Tasks fields? John referenced using VBA. What commands/format and where would they be used?