Thread: duration calculation doesn't skip non-working days

duration calculation doesn't skip non-working days

I have recently started getting problems with MS Projects, which was working fine before. I want to set a duaration to 10 days and have it only count 'working days' from monday to friday in calculating the end date and the start date, when there is a predecessor. Usually, the Task 1 ends on a Friday and I want task 2 to be linked to task 1 and be 10 days in duration, but right now, task 2 starts on a Saturday. So, how can i get Task 2 to start on work day, that is Monday? Thanks for any help.

Re: duration calculation doesn't skip non-working days

You should know that the default behaviour of project is to only count working days in duration. You can set the working definition in the project calendar, but it seems to me that you are using a calendar that has Saturday as a working day. Try to check which calendar you have set as the project calendat in Project >> Project Information. Incase you have used the 24 hours calendar, then all days are working days. So, try to select another calendar to reschedule the project. To do the same, open the calendar by going into Tools >> Change Working time and make sure that Monday through Friday are working days and Saturday and Sunday are non-working days.

Re: duration calculation doesn't skip non-working days

Thanks, now I have checked the default. But for some reasons in a particular instance of a couple of tasks, they have set the weekend date as working. I followed your suggestion and when into check and then opened up the month in question and surely, Saturday was marked as a working day. Now I have set it to non working day to clear this issue. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the feedback and you are most welcome. I am happy that you have now fixed the issue.