Thread: Customizing task bar colours

Customizing task bar colours

hi i have already been able to flag a resource name and changing it to yes to change the colour of the customized flag......but its not what im looking for i have a column that is resource names with all my resources now when i have a task and i change the resource name to simon intstead of lee i would like the bar to automatically change colour

really doing my head in now and would like some help i have added a pic for you to see what i mean

Re: Customizing task bar colours

I dont understand you properly. Are you talking about flaging a resource name and changing colors of flags and also a column with the resource names? Could you please let us know first what you really mean by the "flag a resource"? Also, flags dont have colors until you are talking about the little flasg which can be used in custom fields with graphica indicators. If this is the thing that you are talking about then how are you trying to set up the graphical indicators?

Project 4 was upgraded to 4.1 primarily to allow it to use the 32 bit facilities of Windows 95. 4.1a was later introduced to allow changes to be available under Windows NT. Either has been subsequently referred to as Project 95. More information can be found here - http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm#Pro...Versions%C2%A0

Thanks for the reply i had already done that and that is what im not looking to do as i would have to have atleast 20 diferrent resource name columns as i have 20 different resources........i have one resource name column (named "resource name") all of my resources are in that one column via a dropdown method of changing........now when i drop down a name to change i would like the taskbar colour to automatically change......

The recommendation remains proper but it is limited. There are only 20 flag fields available. But there are not 20 different colors. This being said, incase you do whats in the faq provided, then colors do automatically change when you change the resource.

im still confused.....is there a value i have to set to tell msp when i change to one of the 20 names in "ONE RESOURCE COLUMN" it should change the colour

what is the value or formula i have to set to make this work......

when reading back you can see i have already done this by having 20 different resource columns and changing a drop down to yes/no when changing to yes the colour changes

this is not what i want to do i just want one column with all my resources in that column and when changing a name the colour changes......