Thread: How to "wrap text" for summary tasks when printing-project 2000

How to "wrap text" for summary tasks when printing-project 2000

When the Project is displayed on screen then I usually increase the row height of the longer summary tasks to display extra lines under each other, like wrap text in excel. But ig I am checking the print preview then it keeps the text on one line and then cuts off what doesnt fit, it will also print it like that way only. So can anyone tell me how can I format it so it prints the summary tasks as if I have used a text wrap function? Thanks for any info.

Well, if you have difficulty printing with Project 2007, it could be problems with the 3-D Gantt chart bars. You could try turning off the 3-D via Tools/Options.../View tab: under Show, UNSELECT "Bars and shapes in Gantt views in 3-D". More information can be found here - http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm#Printing%20Problems

Re: How to "wrap text" for summary tasks when printing-project 2000

I'm facing the same problem. It seems a misbehavior of microsoft project. I've solved the problem by resizing all the lines to height 2 selecting all project (you can do that by clicking in the upper left cell) then back all single ones to height 1 manually (it helps if you sellect all of them with control pressed).

For some reason doesn't work backwards.

Hope it helps. If someone knows an easier way to do that...

Re: How to "wrap text" for summary tasks when printing-project 2000

I had a similar problem. Basically the "print preview" didn't look the same as when I was looking at the project with my own eyeballs. I figured out if I drag the "tasks" column a couple inches towards the left, making it smaller, it makes the column in print preview look right--even though now it doesn't look right in normal project view. So I printed it that way, then moved it back after it printed. I guess I'll just have to do that every time I want to print it--it's not that big a deal I guess.

Hope this helps