Thread: Convert Project to PDF

Convert Project to PDF

We have been using free pdf converters and even paid for Adobe Acrobat Professional, but there will not convert Project 2007 into a pdf file. Incase we ever get it to work by waiting for almost an nour, the file is 30mb. Is there any way MS Project 2007 will support exporting to pdf file? Thanks for any information.

Re: Convert Project to PDF

I have also not tried any pdf writers with Project 2007, but I know they used to work fine with earlier versions of project. Could you please let us know what were you trying to do exactly? I guess that microsoft had some problems with PDF file so they came up with an alternative software called XPF. You can try to search it on google and see if that works.

I am running XP Professional, with Adobe Acrobat 8.0 installed before I installed MS Project Professional Trial today.

The Adobe PDF menu as well as Convert to Adobe and Convert to Adobe and Send for Review icons were present when I first ran Project.

I had presumed that they were part of the installation, but after reading your questions I think they were adopted because Acrobat 8 had been installed previously for Office 2007.

There was a glitch, though, as I have -- for reasons as yet uncovered -- been unable to save my newly created Project. The File + Save menu items are greyed out. This causes problems because Convert to Adobe, etc., want to save the Project file first, before converting.

But, Adobe came to the rescue with the Adobe PDF printer option ... when I selected that it printed to a new Adobe PDF file without the need to save first.

Now all I have to do is keep my system running or in Hibernate mode until I learn why I cannot save. [Yes, the product has been Activated].

Adobe Does not provide complete compatibility with fonts. Make sure you select calibri rather than Arial within your MS Projects Files before converting to PDF. I spent hours trying to figure this one out.