Thread: Project 2007 Setup can't find a version of Microsoft Office - corrupt installation

Project 2007 Setup can't find a version of Microsoft Office - corrupt installation

My computer crashed while installing Project 2007 from an upgrade CD. Now when I try to run the install again I get the message "Setup can't find a version of Microsoft Office". I have Project 2003 installed on the PC (running Vista Ultimate). I have also inserted the Project 2003 CD but the install won't find it.

I've tried to uninstall the version of Project 2007 but get the message "This product installation has been corrupted. Run Setup again from the CD, DVD, or other original installation source." When I run again I get the same error.

I've tried to do a system restore to a point before the problem, but get the message "System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.. Details: An unspecified error occurred during System Restore."

I have been able to install Project 2003 from the CD, but 2007 still fails.

Any suggestions?

RE: Project 2007 Setup can't find a version of Microsoft Office - corr

That’s really sick. Anyways, you should better put the 2007 upgrade disk and restart the setup process once you find your Project 2003 running properly. It that wont help than simply try restoring your system to any earlier restore version.

Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I've been rebuilding my PC over the last few days as I needed to re-install Vista to resolve another problem. So if I go back any further I might as well start the rebuild over again!!!

I tried browsing to the 2003 CD, but then I still get the same error. I'm guessing that something in the registry is triggering the error message.

Any ideas about what registry settings I should change?

Martyn

Jim,

Thanks for your help. I've had to resort to a complete re-install of vista on a formatted disc. Seems to work OK now.

I'd be glad to rate your reply - but I can't see how to