Thread: Troubleshooting problems of Project 2007 Installation

Troubleshooting problems of Project 2007 Installation

I had installed Microsoft Office 2007 on my system. It is a virtual pc. Later on I had also installed Project 2007 on the same. It was working fine. There was no problem with the setup. But after a while there was a error. It looks the project was halted in between due to some reason. Later on when I try to rework on the setup I am getting a error that the setup path is not proper. I am trying to upgrade the product where I am getting the error. What can be reason behind this problem.

I am not having a clue for your problem but there can be some bug with the same. You must try to contact Microsoft for the problem. There can be problem with the installation media you own. You can contact for a replacement. I had never seen this kind of error. If the file is missing or corrupt in the installation media then this kind of error mostly appear.

If you are facing the problem with installation it is necessary that you run the repair setup again and there you can find a set of option to deal with the problem. I think instead of upgrading it is better if you can install everything from scratch. That would be one of the best way. There can be some incompatible old files which are causing the crash and will not allow you to move further. I never upgrade my system. I always perform clean installation to maintain maximum stability. There can be certain files in your system which can be the cause of crash.

Mark and Jonathan,
    I too am a new Action Pack subscriber and don't have Project 2003 either. Does anyone have a solution or are we new subscribers just plain SOL?
    Mike