Thread: Project Web Access via IE7: "Export Grid to Excel" cause VBSCRIPT (error) message: "The activeX control on which this feature depends could not be created"

Project Web Access via IE7: "Export Grid to Excel" cause VBSCRIPT (error) message: "The activeX control on which this feature depends could not be created"

We are working with Project 2003 on Windows Vista with Internet Explorer 7. When we tried to access "Project Web Access" in IE7 and selected "Export Grid to Excel", it gave a VBSCRIPT error as follows:

"VBSCRIPT; Microsoft Office Project Web Access 2003: The activeX control on which this feature depends could not be created.
    Becuase of this error, you can only copy the XML data to the Clipboard. Do you want to continue?"

As a work around, I clicked on YES to copy the XML data which later I pasted into a .xml file and opened in Excel without any problems. That’s ok but my question is why am not able to have "Export Grid to Excel" work? Any idea?

Re: Project Web Access via IE7: "Export Grid to Excel" cause VBSCRIPT (error) message: "The activeX control on which this feature depends could not be created"

Probably there is some settings problem in Internet Explorer itself. First of all ensure that Project Server is listed in the trusted sites list. I’ll suggest you to low down the Trusted Sites Zone security to make sure it wont block the project server. If you still face the same error simply try resetting Internet explorer once. And is still it is blocking or showing error than just reinstall Active X. It will fix the problem.

Re: Project Web Access via IE7: "Export Grid to Excel" cause VBSCRIPT (error) message: "The activeX control on which this feature depends could not be created"

Thanks for your reply which resolved the problem perfectly fine!

Kind regards,