Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Changing start date and creating formula for finish date

Microsoft Project

Old 11-09-2006

Changing start date and creating formula for finish date

I’m working with MS Project Standard 2003 and have a unfinished task. In this file I need to make some changes and hence need your help. I wanted to know how can I change the start date for a group to today's date in one fell swoop? Is that possible? I would also like to know if there is any formula which can help me to make the finish dates for existing and new tasks to be Start date + 12 months? If yes, please let me know the same.

Thank you.

Old 11-09-2006

Re: Changing start date and creating formula for finish date

Hello Stringse, in order to change the start date for a group to today's date in one fell swoop, you just need to go to Tools > Tracking > update Project > and Reschedule unfinished work. And as far as ‘making the finish dates for existing and new tasks to be Start date + 12 months’ is concerned, you can do it simply by putting duration to 12 months. It will do the job because finish is calculated from start and duration.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Tags: ,