Thread: Cannot install Microsoft Project 2010 Trial version

Cannot install Microsoft Project 2010 Trial version

I have recently downloaded the MS Project 2010 trial version in my computer. I have downloaded this from the Microsoft site. But the problem is that I am not able to install that on my computer. Whenever I try to install it then I get an error message that says "Failed to install". I tried to install this many times but all it shows is the same error message. Can somebody tell me that what is the problem and what should I do to solve this issue?

Re: Cannot install Microsoft Project 2010 Trial version

I would like to tell you that the Microsoft Project 2010 is available in 32-bit and 64-bit version. So you have to use the one according to your system. This is one of the most important thing that you have should verify before downloading. Check which version of Operating System you have installed on your computer, whether its 32 bit or 64 bit.

Do you have the admin right on your system? In order to get this installed on your computer without any problem, you must have the admin privilege. So make sure that you are the admin otherwise ask admin to provide you the privilege for installing the software.

To install Project Server 2010, just go through the steps given below:
    1. From the downloaded Project Server 2010, run default.hta. This opens the Setup menu.
    2. On the Start page, click Install Project Server.
    3. Type your product key and then click Continue.
    4. On the License Agreement for the end user, review the terms of the contract. To accept the agreement, select the check box "I agree to the terms of the contract."
    5. Click Continue.
    6. In the Choose a file location, click Install Now.
    7. When installation is complete, clear the check box to "Run the Setup Wizard SharePoint Products and Technologies" at this time.
    8. Click Close.

When you are completed with the installation of the Project Server 2010 software on every application server then you have to run the Setup Wizard for SharePoint Products to integrate Project Server with SharePoint Server 2010. This must be done on each server before starting to use Project Server.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoli View Post
    I have downloaded the MS Project 2010 trial version in my computer. I have downloaded this from the Microsoft site. But problem is that I am not able to install that on my computer. Whenever I try to install this then I get the error message as "Failed to install". I tried to install this many of the times but all the times it shows me the same thing. Can somebody tell me that what is the problem and what should I do for this?
    Are you attempting to install the Project client or Project server?
    What operating system. Project 2010 can be installed to XP with SP-3 or Windows 7.

If you have a 32 bit version of Office installed, you must install the 32 bit version of Project, even if you are running the 64 bit version of Windows 7.

You must also try to remove any pre-release versions of Office 2010.

There is a possibility that the downloaded setup might be corrupted and for that reason you are facing the problem. My suggestion to you is to redownload the same package and then install that on your computer. If this is because of corrupted setup then it will solve the problem for you.