Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Steps for adding a template in a Microsoft project

Microsoft Project

Old 11-02-2012

Steps for adding a template in a Microsoft project

Hi, is there any way by which i can add customized template along with built in templates in Microsoft project?

Old 11-02-2012

Re: Steps for adding a template in a Microsoft project

If you are using Microsoft office 2010 then it allows you to add built in template and customized templates also. Follow the given steps for adding your desired templates:
  1. Go to File menu and select on New
  2. Now go to “Available Template” from here you can have three options as follows:
    • Recent templates: for using the recently used templates.
    • My templates : this option allows you to re-use the templates that you have installed on your system. You can select the one that you want from this list.
    • Office.com Template : with this option you can find new templates from office.com. You will be presented with the several categories to select from. You can download these templates from here.
  3. Project 2010 also allows you to search the desired template from current project also. Go to the box showing “office.com template” and type your search item to be searched and then click on search.
Old 11-02-2012

Re: Steps for adding a template in a Microsoft project

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin2012 View Post
Hi, is there any way by which i can add customized template along with built in templates in Microsoft project?
If you save your project template file to the directory where templates are stored it should be available to you. You don't note what version of project you are using so the instructions vary a bit.

In Project 2007 and earlier, you can see where the user templates are stored by going to Tools > Options, Save tab. You'll see the user template directory.

In Project 2010, File > Options, Save and you'll see the user template directory.

I hope this helps.

Julie

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Tags: ,