Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to divide two different columns data in Excel

Microsoft Project

Old 08-01-2012

How to divide two different columns data in Excel

I'm trying to divide one column by another column to give me another column of answer as in B1/C1=D1, B2/C2=D2 etc. Is this possible? If yes then how can I make this thing happen in Excel? If you guys have any ideas to divide column(x) by column(y) to give column(x/y) in excel then please do the reply. Any of the suggestion is appreciated and thanks.

Old 08-01-2012

Re: How to divide two different columns data in Excel

This is simple to make the division of different data in Excel, so for that you just have to make the use of these steps. In cell D1 enter the following formula: =B1/C1, and after that Copy this formula down column D as far as you need. The cell references will increment automatically. May this will help you out.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Tags: ,