Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to swap data between columns and rows in Excel

Microsoft Project

Old 08-01-2012

How to swap data between columns and rows in Excel

I've exported a load of data into excel but the info in the columns I want in rows and vice versa. I'm sure there must be an easy way to flip them. Can anyone help? Any of the suggestion will be thanks.

Old 08-01-2012

Re: How to swap data between columns and rows in Excel

As long as you have enough columns to support the number of rows you need, you can select the range, copy it (Edit|Copy).Then select a destination cell (outside that selected area) and Edit|paste special|click transpose. (Edit|copy and edit|paste special are from the Excel. This is the smile way for swapping data.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Tags: ,