Thread: Project End Date

Project End Date

I am having two issues. 1) The end date is establish in the Project Information does not translate into resetting the dates upon my tasks. (I have all of the tasks linked with predecessors). I would like to be able to establish an end date for the project and it work backwords changing the dates on all of the tasks. 2) How do I establish 30 days between Meeting Dates with linked tasks to those meetings? (However, I don't want resources working the entire 30 days between the meetings).

Re: Project End Date

1) If you have scheduled your tasks without constraints other than ASAP, then changing the schedule to "Schedule from: Project Finish date" and entering in the date, should reschedule your tasks. It sounds as though that is not happening. Do you have constraints on your tasks other than ASAP? Is your calculation mode set to automatic?

2)If the meetings happen on a set schedule (every 30 days) you can create a recurring event (Task Tab, Task drop-down, select recurring). You may then create links from individual occurrences of the meeting summary task.

Thanks. I discovered I could use lag times to create distances between meetings. However, now that I have done that I am having difficulty with changing the project end date. For some reason, it is locked on the current date. Even when I try to go into the Project Information and change the end date and current dates, it still remains stuck.

Do you have actuals (Actual Start, Actual Finish) on tasks? Once a task has actual dates it will no longer move for any reason.

Apply the tracking table and see if you have data in the Actual Start.

By the way, Current date has no effect on the schedule -- it only applies when using the Update Project command.