Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Project - Project - Trying to Show Resource Allocation

Microsoft Project

Old 24-11-2011

Microsoft Project - Project - Trying to Show Resource Allocation

Hi All,

I'm trying to show the allocation percentage a member is on a certain project.

For example, Kevin may be 50% on shipping and 50 % on packaging the first week of Nov. and on second week of Nov. he is 75% on shipping and 25% on packaing.

Ideally, I want to be able to indicate this on the Team Planner view with the allocation percentage amount right on the bars and to be able to see the % change each week if there is change. I want to be able to label a single bar with multiple percentages to show the allocation change.. when it changes and the project change.

Please advise on how I can do this or if not... an alternative? I want to be able to show this visually.

Many thanks in advance.

Old 26-11-2011

Re: Microsoft Project - Project - Trying to Show Resource Allocation

Not sure much about your issue, I hope that following links can help you out to find appropriate solution. There are number of other help options on the same link which have more better solutions.

Percent (%) Allocation fields

View resource workloads and availability
Old 28-11-2011

Re: Microsoft Project - Project - Trying to Show Resource Allocation

Hello thisistony,

I'm afraid the Team Planner view has very little in the way of customization available.

My suggestion is to use the Resource Usage view and add Peak Usage to the right side. This should show you assignment units per assignment. Zoom out to view a weekly basis.

You may also find the "remaining availability" field is helpful.

I hope this helps.
Julie

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Microsoft Project
Tags: , ,